First full day of school will be August 4.
Families, we often hear questions about what you can do to help your child with learning. One resource that all students have available to them at home is Study Island. You may use this link https://app.studyisland.com/cfw/login/ to take you to the site. Your child should have his/her username and password from school.
Reminder that our school day starts at 8:45 and ends at 3:45. Doors open for students at 8:15. Only students that are in the YMCA Fun Company program should be in the school before 8:15.
To register your child for enrollment at GBE, you need to have a TN immunization record, a copy of his/her birth certificate, and custody papers if applicable. Also, you will need the following proofs of residency:
Procedure Requirements for Proof of Residency
Sumner County School District
Parents/guardians are required to have two of the following documents upon school registration of your child:
1. Current legal document/lease showing proof of residency (Notary public signed or typed/handwritten letters from owners be accepted.)
2. Current motor vehicle registration with current address.
3. Current utility bill – electric, gas, water, telephone land lines (Cell phone bill be accepted.)
4. Current bank statement with current address
5. Current employment records (e.g. current check stub showing address)
6. Tennessee picture driver's license with current in-zone address
7. Tennessee picture ID with current in-zone address
Sumner County School District will allow your child to register for classes with the understanding that the parent/guardian will have ten (10) school days to complete the above residency requirements. At the end of the tenth (10) school day, the required documentation must have been turned into the school administrative office. If not, your child be allowed to return to school until the documentation is complete. Also, at this time, the Truancy Division of Sumner County Schools will be notified that your child is truant from school.
: A Truancy Officer may verify your residency at any time during the current school year. Also, business addresses as identified by city/county zoning maps will not be accepted as a home residence.